Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Mechanic Martyn
Mechanic Martyn
Mechanic Martyn, Mechanic

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
It will not stay running. I replaced the battery, sprayed
Edward
Edward, Professional at Justanswer.com
It will not stay running. I replaced the battery, sprayed starting fluid into the throttle body. It turns over, runs out the ether then dies. … read more
1996 saturn: starting fluid is sprayed..throttle body..run fine
RIP
RIP, Lead Technician
I have a 1996 Saturn SL2 that is difficult to start. If starting fluid is sprayed into the throttle body it will instantly start and run fine. If the engine is turned off, this same procedure needs re… read more
tracker: fuel injection..own ,fuel pressure is 55 lbs..restart..intake
Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, Lead Technician
i have a 93 asuna .it is simuliar to a tracker .1.6 throttle body fuel injection it will not start without spraying gas down the throttle body ,when u spray enough it will keep going on it.s own ,fuel… read more
The engine will not start unless you spray spray in the
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, auto mechanic
The engine will not start unless you spray carburetor spray in the throttle body and after it crank you check the fuel line and it sprays gas out. Is there a problem with the fuel pump? All of the rel… read more
my car needs throttle body cleaner spray..my car start without it
robert legowski
robert legowski, auto mechanic
my car needs throttle body cleaner spray every time i start it why won't my car start without it. It will chug but will not turn-over. I have taken it to a local place they do not know what the proble… read more
1995ford f350: gasengine...it..i spray starting fluid..throttle body
Randy
Randy, Associate Degree
i have a 1995 ford f350 7.5, 460 gas engine :QUESTION my problem is try ing to start my truck.it turns over but will only start if i spray starting fluid in the throttle body.once started the truck ru… read more
i sprayed throttle body cleaner into my throttle body..1500rpm
Randall C
Randall C, Auto Technician / Consultant
i sprayed throttle body cleaner into my throttle body while my car was running, now the idle is running high 1500rpm's. what did i mess up ?… read more
The starter is turning the engine over but it won't start. I
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, High school
the starter is turning the engine over but it won't start. I pulled a plug and sprayed with starter fluid tried to start but no success. I am starting to think it is either the fuel pump or filter. st… read more
getting fuel..throttle body..injectors will spray fuel win jumped
ase_master327
ase_master327, Owner & Student
The engine cranks over and has spark. it is getting fuel to the throttle body. The injectors will spray fuel win jumped with a small wire. what would not tell it to give fuel? It runs kind of rough wi… read more
It cranks but won't start only start with "engine start"
Matt, Engineer
it cranks but won't start only start with "engine start" sprayed to the throttle body … read more
1997 chevy: Throttle body cleaner was sprayed..idles
robert legowski
robert legowski, auto mechanic
1997 chevy k1500 5.7 l. Throttle body cleaner was sprayed into the throttle body and since that time the truck idles at 1500 rpms. Expected idle for this vehicle is 600 rpms. Scan system with OBD-II s… read more
Tracker: engine turns..prime throttle body,will start and run all day
shardy
shardy, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
1992 geo tracker engine turns over no start.can prime throttle body,will start and run all day until you turn it off,will not start again with out primeing throttle body.can you help?… read more
84 fiero: stay running..throttle body..the fuel filter..starter fluid
Scott
Scott, Manager/Technician
I have an 84 fiero that will not stay running. I replaced the throttle body, the fuel filter, and it will run if I spray with starter fluid, but will not stay running. What could be making it not stay… read more
Wont start..throttle body..the TPS, still wont start..injectors
RCV AUTO REPAIR LLC
RCV AUTO REPAIR LLC, mecanic/owner
83 T-Bird. Won't start, getting spark, I see way TOO much fuel being sprayed into the throttle body and i did replace the TPS, still wont start. EEC3 throttle body - what would make the computer to te… read more
metro: geo..fuel pump is pumping..spray starter fluid..vehicle starts
Ironmike
Ironmike, ASE Master ,Ford Certified Master Tech
1997 GEO METRO 1.3cc throttle body. the fuel pump is pumping to the throttle body. you spray starter fluid in, and the vehicle starts. seems like there is no fire. What is the problem… read more
99 Saab: I have sprayed starting fluid..throttle body..fuel pump
Matthew Spearman
Matthew Spearman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 99 Saab 9-3 that will not start. I have sprayed starting fluid into the throttle body and it will start briefly. I do not hear the fuel pump running when the key is turned on. Is there any wa… read more
1996 olds bravada: start without..throttle body..only happens
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
i have a 1996 olds bravada that will not start without putting a little gas in the throttle body. this only happens when you start it for the first time.… read more
Mercedes 560sl with 120,000 miles was running fine. Went out
UltratechOne
UltratechOne, auto mechanic
Mercedes 560sl with 120,000 miles was running fine. Went out and tried to start it and all it did was turn over, apparently no spark. I could hear the fuel pump when laying underneath the rear of the … read more