Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Ford focus: cars..compass or liberty..fusion..Kia optima

Customer Question
I'm looking to buy a...
I'm looking to buy a new car. I have been looking at a lot of cars but mostly a jeep patriot, compass or liberty; a ford focus or fusion, a Kia optima, or a mazdaspeed3. I'm trying to stay under 30 grand and am looking mostly for a car with a really nice sound system (or one that you can very easily upgrade). I'm a huge audiophile and expect the best when it comes to cars. Can anyone help me in pointing me in the right direction. I know that aftermarket systems can be a thousand times better than most factory ones but I really don't want to tear apart a brand new car to put one in. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Car
10/5/2011
Auto Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Have you looked into lexus or infiniti they have some of the best sound systems in the business .
I have not looked into them like I said I'm trying to stay under 30,0000 dollars. Out of the cars I was looking at the jeeps come with a 10 speaker plus sub Boston acoustics system, except the liberty which has an 8 speaker infinity system. The focus and fusion have options for an upgraded Sony system with sub. Im really just wondering if these systems are any good and how they compare to others. I use to have a 2000 VW gti with a monsoon system in it that I ripped and and replaced with Polk audio speakers an amp and s 12" sub with 13000 watts pushing it. Now I know that I'm not going to find a car with a one that even compares to that but I would like to get close. But it has to be under 30,000 dollars
Ok honestly the best option is the 10 speaker Sub Boston acoustics system . This is the best vehicle for the money and best sound system. Not to mention it's good in all whether and can be taken off road. The system is a lot clearer and powerful then the others you listed. This is what I would lean towards. Hoped this helped . Positive feedback and bonuses grealty appreciated.
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician

1 more thing i was also looking at a mazda and a kia. The mazda comes with a bose center point 10 speaker surround sound system and the kia comes with an 8 speaker infinity system. Im guessing the bose is better than the infinity but is it better than the boston acoustics in the jeep?

The Bose is better then infiniti but not the Boston acoustics.
Tom
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician