Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Canada fix
Canada fix
Canada fix, Owner/Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
2004 saturn Ion: drives..car in for a new tire..steering..braking
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
I have a 2004 saturn Ion my son drives it he is away at college he took the car in for a new tire they told him he has a broken steering arm it causes the car to jolt and swerve when braking I need to… read more
I am in the market for a car for my son in college
Neal
Neal, Auto repair pro, 30 years experience
I am in the market for a car for my son in college. What car would you recommend for him. Reliabilty and safety are major concerns for me. As well as decent gas mileage. Thank you.… read more
approacing and intersection at about thirty miles per hour.
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
I was driving a rental car this morning. I live in upstate New York and the driving was fairly slick. I was approacing and intersection at about thirty miles per hour. The car skidded into the rear of… read more
front driver side..vehicle speed..Tires are fairly new..topped
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I have lots of wheel noise front driver side which is consistant with vehicle speed. Tires are fairly new and inflated properly. Checked the front differential which was low and I topped it off but th… read more
1999 Mercury Villager 1. Car may run fairly good when
Dan, Automotive Technician
1999 Mercury Villager 1. Car may run fairly good when starting cold or experience a rather choppy misfire that is unlike familiar smooth misfiring. 2. Takes about 2-3 times usual duration to reach nor… read more
That are a bit lacking improved, transmission, highway travel..roll
Stephen D
Stephen D, auto mechanic
WHAT re the 2012 changes in the smart car and has some of the features that are a bit lacking improved, transmission, highway travel. does a passing truck really roll the car over in the ditch? thats … read more
new tire put..locking..off, and then he only put back 4 of the nuts
Ivan
Ivan, Automotive Instructor
Yesterday I had a new tire put on my daughter's car. This morning while driving to college she lost control of her car, which caused a multi-car accident. The car had a locking lugnut that the mechani… read more
Im looking for a used car, a compact that has a good safety rating
VWDoc
VWDoc, Owner
I'm looking for a used car, a compact that has a good safety rating, for around $8000.00. What would you recommend?… read more
What if is is electrical problem. He thinks that it's an
Eric, Retired
What if is is electrical problem. He thinks that it's an electric problem. What are some solutions for that?… read more
Some bums my drivers rear wheel squeaks, my cousin has a 97 he said he
ase_master327
ase_master327, Owner & Student
When I go over some bums my drivers rear wheel squeaks, my cousin has a 97 he said he had the same problem and it was his rotars. the car is a 99 deville with 80,000… read more
My steering wheel is slightly crooked...car drives fairly straight.
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
My steering wheel is slightly crooked. The car drives fairly straight. What can I do to fix it? It "drives" me crazy to look at it.… read more
2007 audi a4. What is recommended oil type? Also car has
Eric, Retired
2007 audi a4. What is recommended oil type? Also car has 195k miles. What is recommended maintenance schedule?… read more
What are some good mid 2000 model used SUVs that are good on
proautotech
proautotech, Shop Foreman
What are some good mid 2000 model used SUVs that are good on gas, no too expensive for repairs, not too cheaply made, and last pretty long. I am looking for a nice used SUV under about $10,000 just fo… read more
What are some good suggestions for years, makes, and models
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Associate
What are some good suggestions for years, makes, and models for used cars, wagons, and SUVs under $5000? I live in Utah where it snows, but not in the mountains; mostly city and some highway mileage. … read more
This question for some one who works at body shop and knows
Dan, Dealership Technician
this question for some one who works at body shop and knows about painting . i need a recommendation of a good clear that will last like the factory , I painted some cars and i noticed 4 years later t… read more
volvo s60: s transmission light came..rebuilt 3200..rebuild
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
hello, my volvo s60''s transmission light came on and I took it to a locally recommended mechanic. He advised me that a new tranny would be 5600, a rebuilt 3200 and an used 2500. I took the rebuild. T… read more
2000 rodeo: drives..i had the oil changed 2000 miles ago, they..quarts
MechanicMan
MechanicMan, High School or GED
My son drives a 2000 rodeo, he is college, i had the oil changed 2000 miles ago, they told me at the time the oil was low, I change it regularly, so i just checked it and it looked dry, I put 2 quarts… read more
98 grand am: v6..crank..ignition switch..no fuses are blown what
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
98 grand am v6 it will not crank at all the starter is good, it has a brand new battery, the ignition switch is fairly new, and no fuses are blown what could be the problem?… read more