Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Dave Hopkins
Dave Hopkins
Dave Hopkins, Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
1991 ford: 4x4..tires..shifting..funny and overdrive and passing gear
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
hi I have a 1991 ford 4x4 and i just put 33" tires on it and now the automatic trans is shifting funny and overdrive and passing gear are real sensitive floating between the two gears sometimes ,is th… read more
I have a 1999 ford d-150 4x4 4.6 v8 that is overheating I ...
Marc
Marc, fleet supervisor
I have a 1999 ford f-150 4x4 4.6 v8 that is overheating I have had the thermostate changed 3 times, all this started after someone said they flushed my radiator you know winterizing it for me, every s… read more
1985 Ford F-150: rebuilt..V8..bell housing..400 engine mounts mate
David, Shop Foreman / Lead Technician
I have a 1985 Ford F-150 with a tired 300 I6 and a T-18 4 speed tran.. I also have a freshly rebuilt Ford 400 V8 with the matching bell housing. Will the 400 engine mounts mate up to the 300 frame mou… read more
rodeo: holden..intake manifold gasket..causing them to blow out
Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, Lead Technician
hi there i have a 1998 holden rodeo 3.2L v6 4x4 in the past 12 months i have replaced the intake manifold gasket 3 times. just wondering what is causing them to blow out?… read more
Voyager: Van..automatic transmission..cyl..hesitation of about 2
Leo
Leo, Associate Degree
I have a 1996 Plymouth Voyager Van with 3 speed automatic transmission 3.0 6 cyl. engine, when I shift in "D" drive to go it will move, but not shifting. also, when I shift to reverse an hesitation of… read more
89 gmc: v6..it wont start i put in a new starter..engine area..relay
GM-Frank
GM-Frank, Lead Technician
I have an 89 gmc sierra v6 3 speed on the floor. it wont start i put in a new starter and it still wont start, but when i hold the key in starting position for a couple of seconds and release it i can… read more
I have an 89 Dodge Dakota pick-up truck(2WD V6 3.9L TBI?/EFI?
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I have an 89 Dodge Dakota pick-up truck(2WD V6 3.9L TBI?/EFI?) and my A/C does not blow. My A/C just stopped blowing. I replaced the blower motor thinking that was the problem but it still does not wo… read more
I have a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo, 3.2L V6, 4X4, automatic transmission
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo, 3.2L V6, 4X4, automatic transmission with 129,000 miles on it. The check transmission light was on one day and the vehicle wouldn't accelerate past about 10 - 15 MPH. I chan… read more
1979 CJ5: /a V8-amc304, manual 3 speed trany..automatic..tranny
JOES SHOP
JOES SHOP, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1979 CJ5 Jeep w/a V8-AMC304, manual 3 speed trany (all stock) I need to change out the trany to an automatic. What type of tranny is best suited for this?… read more
89 isuzu trooper: change front rotors..4x4..tires..calipers
EMRSR
EMRSR, High School or GED
how to change front rotors on a 89 isuzu trooper 4x4 i have already removed tires and calipers… read more
Hello , I have a 89 formula 350. i race it only (drag)is
Brian
Brian, Automotive Service Consultant/Technician
Hello , I have a 89 formula 350. i race it only (drag)is there a sensor for speed to keep you under 100 mph ? i have had good times with the car all stock,et 13.6--- 13.2 but car has never hit100 mph.… read more
Blazer: I need to adjust the valves on my 90 4.3..4x4..automatic trans
Frank
Frank, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I need to adjust the valves on my 90 4.3 v6 blazer 4x4. It is TBI , and automatic trans.,4 wheel drive. I've replaced the rocker arms balls , nuts, and push rods. I counted the threads on the rocker a… read more
Chevy sprint: cyl..the idle speed is 2400 rpm! also, the engine surges
autotech155
autotech155, Head Technican
hi, i just bought a ''90 chevy sprint,3 cyl, 5 spd, non turbo.(it has TBI) the idle speed is 2400 rpm! also, the engine surges when i drive it. i can''t find any vacuum leaks. any ideas what may causi… read more
2002 toyota: 4x4 and i read the abs code and it was a 33..vsc trac
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
hello i have a 2002 toyota 4 runner 4x4 and i read the abs code and it was a 33 and a 31 and also my vsc trac came on to and it read a 43 . i was wondering u could tell me what those codes are. thanks… read more
88 cutlass ciera: with the 2.8L v6..car runs..car starts..slow down
Randall C
Randall C, Auto Technician / Consultant
I have an '88 Cutlass Cierra with the 2.8L v6 and 3 speed automatic. The car runs and drives fine, as long as you only go about 12-15 miles with it. Anything over that, and when I come to a stop, the … read more
89 Dodge Raider: 4x4..3.0l..V6..My problem is the engine will stall
Daniel, Lead mech
I have an '89 Dodge Raider 4x4 with a 3.0l V6 M/T. My problem is the engine will stall. Sometimes it will restart immediately...sometimes not for a couple of hours, but it always starts later. I've ch… read more
1996 Suzuki: 90 Automatic trans, 4x4..shifted..2wd
NicksSticks
NicksSticks, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1996 Suzuki x-90 Automatic trans, 4x4. The least time I used 4x4 was on icy pavement, and everything worked fine. Same day got on dry pavement and shifted into 2wd high range. All is well. On… read more
10 pickup: 2wd automatic..neutral at highway speed..rev
DoctorD
DoctorD, Retired Auto Shop Owner
I have purchased a 1995 chevy s-10 pickup 2wd automatic. The transmission seems to go into neutral at highway speed. if you rev the engine it will go back into gear but does not seem to shift out of 2… read more