SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology
49697172

1999 toyota corona: fouling..le..a spug extender fitting

My son keeps fouling out the plugs on his 1999 toyota corona le, 4 cylinger. His friends want him to install a spug extender fitting. I don't think that is the answer.
What would you sugeest?

SNAPONTECH :

Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

SNAPONTECH :

If the plugs are fouling out then there is definately a problem with the running condition of the vehicle, The first thing I would check is the compression if the rings are weak this can cause very quick fouling of the plugs

SNAPONTECH :

The other thing is the Oxygen sensors this will make the vehicle run lean or rich fouling out the plugs

SNAPONTECH :

I would run seafoam through the engine then check those two things if the problem is still happening then try a different set of plugs which are colder than these ones

SNAPONTECH :

Let me know if you have any questions. If this was helpful please take a moment to kindly press the green ACCEPT button in the lower right hand corner. Thanks in advance Danny

SNAPONTECH :

Customer:

you didn't say anything about plug wires.

Customer:

You didn't explain what an extender id.

SNAPONTECH :

The plug wires are not going to foul out the plugs

SNAPONTECH :

Extender is not going to help at all

SNAPONTECH :

If the plugs are getting fouled out then its the combustion of the engine running not anything to do with the location

Customer:

A bad plug wire will not foul out the plug?

SNAPONTECH :

If the plug wire is not firing the cylinder at all this will cause it to get wet

SNAPONTECH :

But the problem is your stating the plugs are fouling out

SNAPONTECH :

Then you need to get to the source of the problem. You can check the wires to ensure they are giving off a nice spark at each one but normally when this happens the car is always going to be missing on a cylinder even with the new plugs

SNAPONTECH :

If the car has constant misfiring then I would change the plug wires and check the coil operation

Customer:

Ok Thanks. I was haveing to text this info to my son. That took extra time on both of our parts. You did a fime job.