Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

What is the best way to remove fine scratches from chrome plating

Customer Question
caused by a scouring pad?...
What is the best way to remove fine scratches from chrome plating caused by a scouring pad?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Car
9/5/2011
Auto Mechanic: Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech replied 6 years ago
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Hello and thank you for using justanswer.

If you're talking about VERY light surface scratches then you can use a chrome polish (Mother's polish works pretty good) and then wax the chome. This will not get rid of the scratches but will do a good job of hiding them. Anything more than a light surface scratch and you're just wasting your time unless you want a very shiny scratch.
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech