Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Grand am: my new speakers only need 2 wires and there are 4

how do i connect spearkers in a grand am with the monsoon system. my new speakers only need 2 wires and there are 4 to the monsoon speakers.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. Are you connecting these to the stock radio, aftermarket cd player, or amplifier?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
stock radio
what are model number of speakers?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

stock ones are delco 36908P 0234 2ohm/4ohm

new ones are eclipse model SE6900

For left rear speaker light green/black = negative
For left rear speaker dark blue/white = positive

For right rear speaker dark green = positive
for right rear speaker light blue/black positive.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thanks Dan you just helped me get the girlfriend off my back.

Happy I could help...but the way your hooking it up you will mostly only hear bass out of speakers....The other two wires you arent using are used for high frequency only...so with the monson radio you can only pick one or the other....If you dont like the way the bass sounds here is for high frequency

Left rear - purple
left rear + red

right rear - yellow
right rear + white
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks going through my questons. Hope you got paid for this. I accepted answer, but it said to reply back for some reason.