Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

A Maserati 2005 QP, and it uses Shell Helix 5w 40 engine oil..quart

I have a Maserati 2005 QP, and it uses Shell Helix 5w 40 engine oil. I am down a quart and can't find this particular brand/weight. What are my options to top up? Will a 5w 40 from another brand be compatible? Will a synthetic 10w 40 work, as was suggested by a mechanic? Many thanks!
Hello

If you can find another oil of the same weight and also a synthetic then you'll be fine, when you get the opportunity drain and flush it all out but there's no rush as you shouldn't have any issues