Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2004 isuzu ascender: check engine light..brake light..air conditioning

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Issuz...
I have a 2004 Issuz Ascender with 61000 miles, few days ago, it displayed check engine light for about 1 days and it does not light up anymore. Then, the brake pad light and antilock brake light and the warming seating belth sound came on, then it will go out, then it comes on again and when I changed the air conditioning fan speed control, both light will go out. Then tonight while driving, the airconditioning fan turn off completely, both light and sound came on. I try all the airconditioning control,on and off, nothing happen, and the warning light will go in and out. When I got home, I turn the engin off, and on again, all the stuff work again, incuding the air conditioning fan.
Help.............
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Car
9/1/2011
Auto Mechanic: SNAPONTECH, Technician replied 6 years ago
SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician

SNAPONTECH :

Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

SNAPONTECH :

Hello

Customer:

Great.. hope u can help..

SNAPONTECH :

This is a failure in the body control module

SNAPONTECH :

My recommendation is to get a used one from www.car-parts.com this is the best option

SNAPONTECH :

They will run alot less than the dealership

Customer:

When u say body control module, do u mean engine control module

SNAPONTECH :

No this has a seperate one for all the body items

SNAPONTECH :

Full Size Image

SNAPONTECH :

Here is the location

SNAPONTECH :

Just replace the module order the replacement from www.car-parts.com

SNAPONTECH :

Problem solved

SNAPONTECH :

Let me know if you have any questions. If this was helpful please take a moment to kindly press the green ACCEPT button in the lower right hand corner. Thanks in advance Danny

Customer:

Some suggested there is a grounding issue.

SNAPONTECH :

I dont believe it has anything to do with a ground

SNAPONTECH :

This is a heat related issue when the module gets hot the problems occur

SNAPONTECH :

These BCMs are common for failure on this model

Customer:

Where is the rear fuse box located?

SNAPONTECH :

Under the rear bench seat

SNAPONTECH :

Then there will be a box

SNAPONTECH :

Full Size Image

SNAPONTECH :

The unit is under this box

SNAPONTECH :

Let me know if you need anything else

Customer:

Is there any way to test the module?

SNAPONTECH :

Not than I know of. You can use a volt meter and check all the powers and grounds if they are good then it has to be the module

SNAPONTECH :

Full Size Image

SNAPONTECH :

Here is the connector

SNAPONTECH :

B13 17 4 A1 should have battery voltage

SNAPONTECH :

A3 battery voltage A11 B11 grounds

SNAPONTECH :

Check these if all are good then replace the BCM

Customer:

There is no B13,B17 on your picture.

SNAPONTECH :

Not sure

SNAPONTECH :

I am looking at the wiring diagram

SNAPONTECH :

I dont have this pin out like most do

Customer:

If new unit does not solve issue, will the part place accept return?

SNAPONTECH :

Not usually thats why you get them cheap its from a salvage yard

Customer:

Will try it and let u know, it will be few days before I can get to it.

Customer:

One more question

SNAPONTECH :

Sure

Customer:

Will this bad module affect how the engine run and cause it to die before I replace it?

SNAPONTECH :

It can

SNAPONTECH :

this also controls fuel operations

Customer:

OK, thanks.

SNAPONTECH :

No problem

SNAPONTECH :

Please take a moment to press the green ACCEPT button in the lower right hand corner if this was helpful. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks so much Danny

Customer:

Are u still there?

SNAPONTECH :

yes

Customer:

I cannot find the part at the website u sent me

SNAPONTECH :

ok its under computer non engine

Customer:

I look at every part they have for that model.

SNAPONTECH :

Its engine computer box not engine

SNAPONTECH :

I am there now

SNAPONTECH :

Then they have 7 options

SNAPONTECH :

You will need the numbers from your BCM to match to the correct replacement

SNAPONTECH :

It will look like this

Full Size Image

SNAPONTECH :

Then your ID will match one of the options

Customer:

I found the page, thanks for the help.

SNAPONTECH :

No problem.

SNAPONTECH :

Please press ACCEPT! Thanks Danny

SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician