Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

1998 Isuzu Amigo: cylinder..Every once..my dash readout..it goes away

I have a 1998 Isuzu Amigo 4 cylinder 2.2. Every once in a while, my dash readout will flash "U-S", and then as soon as I shift into a different gear, it goes away. Any ideas?

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

That is just telling you the rpms are suffecient that it is time to up shift to a higher gear.

It does not mean you are hurting anything or that there is anything wrong. You may just be staying in gear a little longer or getting the rpms up more than usual.