Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  25 years working as a service technician
43460220

A P0340-28 code - does anyone know what the 28 denotes please

Customer Question

Seeing a P0340-28 code - does anyone know what the 28 denotes please??
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is Steve and I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

it is Saab code for the cam sensor

Steve :

p0340 is a generic code that all manufacture have to have code 28 is Saab unic code for the same concern

Steve :

it is Saab version called electronic on board diagnostic versus obd2

JACUSTOMER-t2ztv041- :

Hi Steve - yeah, gathered it was Saab specific (looked at and read many blogs) - I have replaced the cam sensor, engine still will not start, the code narative states "Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance" - which I understand to be a P0341 code!!

Steve :

the problem is it does not start and if you have no spark then the crank sensor is bad

JACUSTOMER-t2ztv041- :

Steve - its a diesel, so no spark at any time!!!

Steve :

sorry did not relize it thought it was a gas

Steve :

what is the fuel pressure?

Steve :

if you suspect a bac cam sensor and you replaced it then the wiring or the computer is bad

Steve :

Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance is usally a wiring problem

Steve :

a cam sensor will cause a no start on a diesel

Steve :

I believe I answer your original question. "Seeing a P0340-28 code - does anyone know what the 28 denotes please??"

Steve :

"Be interested if anyone knows what the 28 suffix to the P0340 code indicates! Many thanks in advance"

Steve :

need to move on please hit the green accept button so I may get credit thanks.

JACUSTOMER-t2ztv041- :

Have checked the wiring as far as I can (removed the main harnesses to the ECU, checked over completely and could find no problem) - again reading the blogs (Saab and GM) many folk have suggested the wiring, so had checked it out as far as I can!

Steve :

need to get a mechanic involved

Steve :

need to move on. please click the green accept button so I may get credit thanks

Steve :

3:50 AM

3:52 AM

Steve :

3:50 AM

3:51 AM

JACUSTOMER-t2ztv041- :

Steve - I was expecting a resolve for my problem, rather than just a "you need a mechanic" response - I expected that in logging my problem here I would recieve input from a mechanic who had experience in this type of problem - I am not prepared to pay nearly £30 for the input you have provided so far, it hasn't helped me at all!!!

Steve :

that was not the question

Steve :

you wanted a code defination not a diag

Steve :

you should have stated that in the question

Steve :

some problems are to difficult to diag over the internet

Steve :

unfortunately my ohm meter and my body cannot go through hyperspace and diag the concern for you and this level of concern you need a body to diag it