Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2003 rodeo: 2wd..it in park or n light goes off and radio..acts…

Customer Question
2003 rodeo 2wd had to...
2003 rodeo 2wd had to put a ussed motor in after that i have a problem that is accuring and not all the time but here it goes while driving the ABS light comes on an the FM Radio blinks on and off when i put it in park or "n" light goes off and radio is ok if i turn off the truck it acts like battery is dead. when i crank up the problem doesnt start untill in gear and moving in forward or reverse
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Car
8/4/2011
Auto Mechanic: Brogs70, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
Brogs70
Brogs70, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im Scott

It sounds as if there is a loose or missing earth onto either the engine or body for this problem to only occur when you are moving and you didn't mention that this problem existed before the engine replacement. Ensure all earths and battery connections are secure and clean.

problem was not there before change ... cleaned all grounds and all are tight

ok maybe i spoke too soon maybe i dont know where all the grounds are there is one from the battery to the motor block that is tight one from batt to the bolt on finder thats all i see are there anymore

There should also be a ground ( a smaller one) from the engine back to the body usually onto the firewall, possibly even a loose connection to the main fusible link