JacobTD
JacobTD, Mechanic
Experience:  12 Years First hand
19108227

interstate..it dies..gas pedal to the floor but it runs very rough

Customer Question

I have a 2002 landrover freelander that quit running goin down interstate without warning. It will now start and run for about three seconds,then it dies. You can keep it running by keeping the gas pedal to the floor but it runs very rough. I have replaced the vis motors,the mass air flow sensor,and the fuel pump. It show dtc's of misfires on 2,4,6, and throws in a mass air flow dtc. i managed to get a running diagnostic and it only shows faults on fuel 1 and fuel 2. They both show to be off line. I'm now at a loss as to what may be causing the problem.Please help!
Category: Car
Expert:  JacobTD replied 6 years ago.

JacobTD :

Welcome to Justanswer. I have your problem identified, and have some beasy steps to walk you threw to identify and fix the problems. I await your reply and we will get started. I see your offline so in case I am working with another customer, please wait for me to get back to you. Jacob

Customer :

Hey Jacob,

Customer :

thanks for responding. I sure hope you know what is causing this. I eagerly look foward to your info. Karl

JacobTD :

Hey are you there?

JacobTD :

first thing i need to know is a little history. whens the last time a service has been done? sparkplugs fuel filter air cleaner, that type of thing?

Customer :

Sorry jacob . Had just stepped outside for a moment and missed you. what time should i be looking for a response so that i don't miss you once again. I dont know about the air filter but the fuel filter{in tank} was changed with new pump and the plugs were supposed to have just been changed but I havent verified that.

Customer :

Hey Jacob,

Customer :

Are you still alive?(LOL) Apparently a live chat is not feasable for us to attain given our schedules.Please let me know what other info you need,I will send it to you,and then list the steps that i need to take to fix the proposed problem. I am aware that the misfire codes need to be erased before the engine can be started,In case you were wondering. Is there another fuel filter location? Please respond. I really need to get this vehicle on the road. Thanks, . Karl PS I can give you my cell phone # to contact me if that would help.(XXX-XXX-XXXX) l

Customer :

Jacob, I am going into work for a while this morning. I should be back around 12:30 or 1:00 today. please list action to be taken in msg or let me know what other info you need. If you need to chat ,I won't be available until the listed times. Thanks, Karl.

Customer :

Don't worry about responding. I am going to try to resubmit my question to someone that has time to answer.

Customer :

Please re-post my question in a timely manner so that I may get this moving forward.