Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I drive a daewoo espero 1.5 petrol. I cannot engage the reverse gear

Customer Question
anymore. all other gears are...
I drive a daewoo espero 1.5 petrol. I cannot engage the reverse gear anymore. all other gears are somewhat stiff to engage. any suggestions?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Car
7/4/2011
Auto Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 6 years ago
Greg
Greg, Technician
Hi welcome to JA.com.I will answer your question the best I can,

With the engine off can you select the gears

Regards Greg
hi.
yes. in fact to engage the reverse gear I have to turn the engine off, apply the reverse gear, press the clutch pedal and start the engine with the clutch pedal pressed. than I can reverse the car.

all other gears are still funtional but all are a bit stiff, especially the 1st gear.
maybe it needs some tension adjustment to the clutch cable?

thanks.
Hi.

First check the clutch adjustment and gearbox oil .

If these are okay get back to me.

Regards Greg
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician