Rover Pro
Rover Pro, Service Advisor
Experience:  15 years automotive experience as a technician, parts pro and currently a Land Rover service advisor
42270465

Land Rover Range Rover HSE I have a problem with the radio

Customer Question

I have a problem with the radio of my range rover 2003. The screen is off and the radio sound only for 2 min and then mute. I have to turn back off and on to work again. What could be the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Rover Pro replied 6 years ago.

Rover Pro :

Hi There,

Rover Pro :

I have seen this problem before, it sounds like there is a short internal to the radio head unit. Sometimes stereo shops can repair them but more than likely it will need a new radio unit.

Rover Pro :

I hope this helps!

Customer :

Sorry. I already changed the radio for a new unit and still have the same problem. I've stated in my question.

Customer :

I have changed the head unit nothing has changed i have the same problem

Rover Pro :

I apologize, I missed that note. The dealer can still get the code for you but they will need to serial number off of the radio unit itself. If your dealer has a problem with this give me the serial number and I can try to find it in our system at my dealer.

Customer :

Serial number: AL 1RBE 4 04 74636A. How do I enter the code once i get it?

Rover Pro :

I'm not at work today but let me see if I can get it for you, if not I can on Monday. Your problem does not sound like you just need a code though, it sounds like there is a problem with the radio unit.

Customer :

I purchased another radio unit and still have the same problem.