Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

ASE Master Tech 35yrs
ASE Master Tech 35yrs
ASE Master Tech 35yrs, ASE Master Auto Tech

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
96 Olds aurora: it cranks..Changed out the ignition switch and key
Tim Mohr, SHOP OWNER
Have a 96 Olds aurora, it cranks but will not start, dont have any spark. Changed out the ignition switch and key and still nothing. Battery is good. I think it may be something with one of the ground… read more
hey i know i just finish with u about my brake lights im want to ask u
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
hey i know i just finish with u about my brake lights im want to ask u one more thing i stay in washington dc so i was wondering do u know if pepboys can do the job or do i need to go some place else… read more
chevy: after market cd player..dont know whats the power and edt
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Owner
can you please tell me how to wire a after market cd player into a chevy caviler i dont know whats the power and ect. thanks… read more
A 97 eagle talon 2.0 engine non turbo it has a knocking in it..lifters
Todd
Todd, ASE Master Certified Technician
i have a 97 eagle talon 2.0 engine non turbo it has a knocking in it it does not have any lifters i dont know what u call those things um we had a freind look at it and he said it was coming from the … read more
Start and then starts again it says charging system do u know what
Jaxer Smith
Jaxer Smith, Owner
my car sometimes dont start and then starts again it says charging system do u know what this means… read more
2002 honda: 2.4 liter and i want to replace the spark plugs but i
motor_Joe
motor_Joe, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
i have a 2002 honda crv 2.4 liter and i want to replace the spark plugs but i dont know where they are located and how to get to then can u help?… read more
98 Legacy: ignition switch..I had the battery/charging system checked
Randall C
Randall C, Auto Technician / Consultant
I have a 98 Legacy, and the ignition switch seems to be flaking out. The car has been getting more and more difficult to start. I had the battery/charging system checked at Sears several months ago, a… read more
there is a difference in prices but i dont know what the normal is
Tech501
Tech501, Lead Technician
Someone told me something about a drum or disk rotor.I know there is a difference in prices but i don't know what the normal is.… read more
first three spark plugs in but I dont know how to get to the ones
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I got the first three spark plugs in but I don't know how to get to the ones in the back of the engine… read more
1990 volkswagen golf: i dont know where the switch i located
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
i need to install the back up lamp switch into my car, a 1990 volkswagen golf and i dont know where the switch i located… read more
reprogramming pass lock 2 system on 2004 saturn ion 2
RIP
RIP, Lead Technician
Just changed Ignition switch on a 2004 saturn ion 2. After install does it require more than reprogramming the passlock 2 system and How do u reprogram the passlock 2 system?… read more
1978 porsche 911: steering lock..rewire..car with a starter button
John, Associate Degree
I have a 1978 Porsche 911SC that is race prepared. I want to remove the ignition switch and steering lock. I then want to rewire the car with a starter button, ignition switch and switches for lights,… read more
Golf: turbo..i have the TD5 and want more power but dont..put too much
Matt, Engineer
will a GT20 turbo from a golf mess my discovery 2 enjin up, i have the TD5 and want more power but dont want to put too much stress on the enjin… read more
mounts..welded..what bolts to use or if I need a seal of some sort
Eric, Retired
I have a new catalytic coverter. I want to install it. The mounts are already welded on...I just dont know what bolts to use or if I need a seal of some sort. Its for a 1988 toyota pickup.… read more
Hyundai genesis 2015 after 35.000km what should be checked
Kevin
Kevin, workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester
hyundai genesis 2015 after 35.000km what should be checked or changed. … read more
wire goes..new ignition switch being replaced due to lost keys
JHoop
JHoop, Owner,Technician
need to know what color wire goes to what tang on rear of ignition switch. as mine were pulled off and no sequence recorded.I just need to hook up wiring to new ignition switch being replaced due to l… read more
mirage: did is their a way to go from kilometers to miles if so how
EMRSR
EMRSR, High School or GED
car switched milage from 74000 to 121000 customer dont know what they did is their a way to go from kilometers to miles if so how… read more
2002 pontiac grand prix: firing order..what sparkplugs are what number
Todd
Todd, ASE Master Certified Technician
I have a 2002 pontiac grand prix and i know what the firing order is but i dont know what sparkplugs are what number can u help me???… read more