Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Pinto: XXXXX XXXXX oil cooler seems allright, any ideas

Customer Question
Hi there, having problems with...
Hi there, having problems with a punto 1.3 multijet, pumping oil into the water, oil cooler seems allright, any ideas? Thanks Ernest
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/4/2011
Auto Mechanic: nabilc,
 replied 6 years ago
nabilc

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

I would appreciate some further info on the matter:

Billy :

- please confirm that engine oil cooler was checked, and is not leaking.

Billy :

- is engine overheating, or do you have idling problems, or water missing?

Billy :

- have you had any symptoms related within the past few months?

JACUSTOMER-mo7jzjeg- :

yes, cooler was checked and not leaking

JACUSTOMER-mo7jzjeg- :

no leaks, just oil desapeared

JACUSTOMER-mo7jzjeg- :

no problems in the past, car is 2007 model 60.000 km

Billy :

oil disappeared only to appear in engine coolant....right?

JACUSTOMER-mo7jzjeg- :

right

JACUSTOMER-mo7jzjeg- :

could be a internal crack on the cooler carrier?

Billy :

ok.........if nno outside leaks are detected (that would cause the leak and the mix), and outside leaks would include pipes, hoses and obviously oil cooler, then the other possibilities would include inside the cooler (requiring cooler replacement), or inside engine, mostly head gasket......

Billy :

yes it could....i just refered to that.....

JACUSTOMER-mo7jzjeg- :

the cooler is 100% right, i just pressure tested it

Billy :

so the leak has to be inside the engine.....\

JACUSTOMER-mo7jzjeg- :

i have to beleave that´s the case, but not sure

Billy :

i know.,....and i suspected that you already knew that, only you needed confirmation (as obviously the engine is still running well)

Billy :

But, i would advise the following:

Billy :

- get some block solder additive (to be added into coolant)

Billy :

- and follow the instructions on the bottle (to include putting in, warming engine, leaving overnight, and then draining coolant, and refilling with fresh coolant)

Billy :

As if the leak is small enough, the block solder would take care of it....so you are good to go.....

JACUSTOMER-mo7jzjeg- :

not sure if it works sience the pressure in the oil chanels, is superior than the water pressure

JACUSTOMER-mo7jzjeg- :

in any case i will try it

Billy :

i have tried it, and it does work sometimes (mainly due to leak size), if small enough, it will work, if not....it will not....

JACUSTOMER-mo7jzjeg- :

ok thanks

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if further info is needed........

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

JACUSTOMER-mo7jzjeg- :

by than Ernest

Billy :

Best of luck Ernest!

nabilc
nabilc
nabilc