Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

My 2006 lr3 has had the reduced power message come..very long trip

My 2006 LR3 has had the reduced power message come on, I am in the beginning of a very long trip and want to have an idea of what I should check or do
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 6 years ago.

This means the on board computer has detected an out of range signal from one of the many sensors used to communicate with the computer. It will need to go on a diagnostic machine to find the cause and then be able to correct it depending on what is found. Sorry to hear this happened at the beginning of your trip, but it should be looked at before continuing on.

Best wishes!

If you have further questions feel free to reply.Please remember we use an honor system and you have to click on accept so i receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok I just jumped in to go grab coffee and the system check went well, no notices, could it have been from extended time at higher speed yesterday, ( ummm 12 hours at 80-90 mph

That's actually a good thing. In many cases that message will appear from a "glitch" so to speak and if it runs ok and everything seems normal and it doesn't return, then you will be fine. If it does come back on though, it would be best to at least have it scanned for any diagnostic codes which can be done at most parts stores like autozone. This could also have come on because of the cat converter getting hot from extended driving at that speed.