Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Matt, Engineer

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Sometimes When cranking the car..wont start..engine turns..fuel pump
Steve
Steve, Service Manager/ Technician
Sometimes When cranking the car, it won't start. The engine turns over. I have changed the fuel pump. At these times I do not hear the fuel pump running. So far, pulling the fuel pump relay and then r… read more
fires good but wont start got spark fuel pump ingagess when key turn
Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector, Assistant Service Manager
car just died while driving fires good but wont start got spark fuel pump ingagess when key turn on and got spark… read more
Car wont start..you turn the ignition key to on..starter..altenator
Bob
Bob, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
my car won't start. It makes a whirling sound when you turn the ignition key to on. Is this the starter or altenator?… read more
FUEL PRESSURE..I UNPLUG FUEL PUMP THEN CRANK AND CLEAR CYLINDERS WHILE
Cliff Burton
Cliff Burton, Master Technician / Foreman
WHY WONT CAR START, HAS FUEL PRESSURE ,IGNITION AND COMPRESSION?IT TRIES FOR MOMENT THEN JUST CRANKS.I UNPLUG FUEL PUMP THEN CRANK AND CLEAR CYLINDERS WHILE IT TRIES AGIAN THEN, QUITS,I PLUG PUMP BACK… read more
why my car wont start..no start and the spark plugs arent firing
Matt, Engineer
why my car wont start and the ignition wont start the car but if i touch the little wire on the starter it will turn over but no start and the spark plugs arent firing… read more
Car turns..wont start..i checked the fuel pump, fuel filter
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
My car turns over but it won't start. i checked the fuel pump, fuel filter, and all wires and plugs. everything works fine but car still won't start. What's could be wrong with my car?… read more
I start it. sounds awesome turns over than it dies. We have
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
I start it. sounds awesome turns over than it dies. We have replaced everything starter, fuel pump, spark plugs. went to oreillys there meter gave me these codes P0442, P0455, P1685. When I drive a sh… read more
Car ran fine going to movies,after movies car wont start
Matt, Engineer
Car ran fine going to movies,after movies car wont start just turns over.can smell fuel and hear fuel pump come on just wont start!!! hope you can help me, thank you … read more
When I put key in ignition the car wont start..pump gas
Neal
Neal, Auto repair pro, 30 years experience
When I put key in ignition the car won't start - then I remove key re-insert it and pump gas and it starts - what is causing this?… read more
2005 tucson. was driving along and it suddenly died. engine
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
2005 tucson. was driving along and it suddenly died. engine turns over but wont start. changed fuel pump and still wont start. when engine is turning over i do not smell any thing from exhaust pipe. … read more
Car wont start when turning on ignition..under hood
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
car won't start when turning on ignition. the car has no power, everything is out as fas as lights, radio, ect. if I go under hood and move cabels at battery it will click and sometimes regain the pow… read more
1999 Buick Regal: dies..Fuel pump..ignition switch..start position
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
1999 Buick Regal Runs for 2 seconds then dies. Fuel pump is good. Pump does not continue to run after ignition switch is released from start position. Both fuel pump relays check good.… read more
1995 toyota 4runner: traffic..cranking..fuel pump..the igniter module
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
i have a 1995 toyo 4runner. On Monday while in traffic it suddently cut off and the battery light came on.When I tried to re-start the engine is cranking ok but it wll not start. I check the fuel pump… read more
1995 lincoln: cont..fuel pump..ignition coils, but it still wont turn
Telles
Telles, Associate Degree
I own a 1995 Lincoln Cont. I cant get it to run! I've replace the fuel pump and the ignition coils, but it still won't turn over. It kinda sounds like other vehicles when their module goes bad. Someon… read more
Car died well driving down the road and now wont start it just clicks
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
car died well driving down the road and now wont start it just clicks when the key is turned the alternater was tested and it is good my lights and my radio both work.… read more
98 Lincoln: dies..it the starter turns very fast but still wont start
Geordie
Geordie, Mobile Mechanic
Hello, My '98 Lincoln Cont. dies sometimes. When I try to start it the starter turns very fast but still wont start. It will eventually start but it takes a few tries. Any suggestions?… read more
1995 bonneville: FUEL PUMP AND CAR STARTS BUT WONT..FUEL PUMP RELAY
ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto Mechanic
WE HAVE A 1995 BONNEVILLE SE. JUST REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP AND CAR STARTS BUT WON'T RUN. WE SUSPECT THE FUEL PUMP RELAY BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS. HELP! THANKS!… read more
My car died in the middle of the freeway...wont start..car running
Ted the Technician
Ted the Technician, Service Manager
My car died in the middle of the freeway. I replaced the fuel pump and battery but the car still wont start. Where else do you think I should check to get my car running agian?… read more