Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Greg
Greg
Greg, Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
You fit a ;A hotter range spark plugB colder range spark plug
Trevor
Trevor, Manager, technician
Under what circumstances would you fit a ; A hotter range spark plug B colder range spark plug… read more
trying to stick..basics right now maybe a hotter spark plug...denso
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
working on a vehicle that has alcohol level of 85%. trying to stick to the basic's right now maybe a hotter spark plug. right now I have a denso iridum IT16. if possible help with a much hotter plug. … read more
spark plug..high mileage..multi-electrod plugs due to misfire
Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Expert on Just Answer
Does using a one, two, or three electrode spark plug matter? Also is a titanium(or iridium) plug much better than copper? I also heard that if your car has high mileage then stay away from multi-elect… read more
wiring..my vehicle, but it keeps misfiring and stalling
Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE MASTER TECH, REPAIR FACILITY OWNER
i just changed the spark plugs and spark plug wiring from my vehicle, but it keeps misfiring and stalling. what could be the problem?… read more
Rough..firing..cylinders..through one of the spark plugs
Davo
Engine is running very rough. Probably not firing on all cylinders. Oil is seeping up through one of the spark plugs. What's happening?… read more
1996 chevrolet: changed one..one spark plug..firing
Tech501
Tech501, Lead Technician
1996 chevrolet silverado changed one spark plug now changing the rest what is the firing sequence?… read more
Distributor..rotor..the number one spark plug, instead it..plug.
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
Distributor will not fall into position with the rotor button pointing at the number one spark plug, instead it falls pointing ant the number two plug. Optional Information: 1988 Chevrolet Camaro LT1… read more
Limited: the gear lever is stuck in park..windscreen..water leak
Mike, Proprieter / Diagnostic Technician
Here's question #3....i did not use the vehicle for a while and on starting the vehicle one day vehicle system check indicated limited gears availebile and an F. the vehicle can then not be used becau… read more
Boxster: changed spark plugs..my manual..smoothly..it ran erratically
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, High school
I just changed spark plugs on my Boxster, 2001 3.2. I used the Bosch plug that was recommeded by Bosch becasue the one recommended in my manual did not exist. The change went smoothly other than acces… read more
Removing..spark plugs and the last one..sliding..threaded
Don
Don, fleet superintendent
Removing spark plugs and the last one is starting to strip. The spark plug socket is now sliding off. The previose owner never changed them and if he did they were all cross threaded and hard to remov… read more
first three spark plugs in but I dont know how to get to the ones
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I got the first three spark plugs in but I don't know how to get to the ones in the back of the engine… read more
bought new..new sparks plugs and wires..new ones..back firing
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
bought new sparks plugs and wires when I put the new ones on truck would not start makes a sound like it is back firing.… read more
1998 Dodge: V6..He went to replace the spark plugs and broke one
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
Hi my friend has a 1998 Dodge Ram with a 3.9 lit. V6. He went to replace the spark plugs and broke one off right on the engine head. We tried an easy out and broke it off but we were able to remove it… read more
Ford ltd: distributor cap..spark plug number one and so forth
Michael
Michael, Work Equip. Repair Foreman
I want to put a distributor cap and wires on a ford ltd 1966. Which one is spark plug number one and so forth? and how on the distibutor cap is for number one??? Optional Information: Pre-1981 Ford LT… read more
2001 chevy prizm: rev..has one coil for each spark plug
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Owner
I am trying to install after market cruise control on a 2001 chevy prizm. I need to attach a wire to the tack lead as a over-rev protection. My problem is that the prizm has one coil for each spark pl… read more
F250: V10..one of the spark plug holes is stripped out..tool..block
Danny
Danny, Service Manager / Foreman
I have 1999, F250, ford with a V10. one of the spark plug holes is stripped out. I bought a rethread tool for the the block but the socket doesn't fit in the hole. Is there a longer rethread tool or a… read more
Jeep Cherokee: neutral safety switch..one parts store..spark plug
jon_050
jon_050, auto mechanic
Jeep Cherokee 1996. Cannot locate the neutral safety switch on the AW4 transmission. Also, one parts store sold me an $11 piece that resembles the bottom half of a spark plug and the Chrysler dealer s… read more
1998 saturn: 4cyl..one spark plug and oil was on the threads..cylinder
MechanicMan
MechanicMan, High School or GED
1998 saturn-4cyl. check engine light on intermittetly. pulled one spark plug and oil was on the threads and down in the cylinder. cylinder next to it was dry… read more