Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Tom
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Pinto: XXXXX XXXXX came..I have lost power steering
Neal
Neal, Auto repair pro, 30 years experience
My Fiat Punto automatic gearbox warning light came on a few days ago but the car is driving okay but now I have lost power steering. Will a diagnostic test tell me what the problem is?… read more
I have a 2013 Ford Edge. A few days ago the engine light
Andrew
Andrew, Level A Technician
I have a 2013 Ford Edge. A few days ago the engine light came on, so I had a mechanic do a diagnostic test on it today. He said it was due to a turbo boost sensor. He cleared the computer for now, and… read more
2003 lincoln navigator: check suspension light came..ground..bounces
MikeD'
MikeD', Diagnostic Technician
i have a 2003 lincoln navigator. about two days ago i noticed that the check suspension light came on in my car. now my car is low to the ground and bounces out of control when driving. what can i do … read more
2005 Chrysler Town & Country: digital guages..turn signal
Derrick
Derrick, Associate Degree
2005 Chrysler Town & Country. Engine warning light came on about 5 days ago. This morning all the analog and digital guages are dead as well as turn signal. This afternoon the car won''t start at all.… read more
my check engine light came on a few days ago...it hooked
James, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
my check engine light came on a few days ago. I had it hooked up to a computer at advance auto and they say it is a vapor problem and asked if i got gas recently and that the cap might not be tight. I… read more
gas cap..lite went..) and the check engine light came a few days later
Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, Lead Technician
Missing gas cap warning lite went on (has happened before) and the check engine light came a few days later.… read more
Volvo 245: Check engine light came on a few days ago
Volvo Tech Bill
Volvo Tech Bill, Shop Foreman / Volvo Technician
Volvo 245, 1990, B230 engine. Check engine light came on a few days ago. Now the engine has a mind of its own. Idels OK orn ot. Revvs up and down on its own. This afternoon flooring the gas doesn''t (… read more
she wont start, I GAVE IT A BOOST..I keep my foot on the pedal
Bob
Bob, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
car battery light came on a few days ago, now she won't start, I GAVE IT A BOOST and she would start but she won't keep running unless I keep my foot on the pedal.… read more
My check engine light came on in my car a few days ago (2007
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Auto Motive Instructor
My check engine light came on in my car a few days ago (2007 mazda3s, 42K mi.) I thought it maybe related to needing an oil change so I got it changed and made an appt with the dealer to get it checke… read more
Battery light came on 2 days ago. As I was driving today the
Ron Z.
Ron Z., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Battery light came on 2 days ago. As I was driving today the car wouldn't respond and then caught and I was able to drive it. As I pulled into my parking spot multiple dash lights came on and the car would not turn back on. … read more
Infiniti: The abs lights came on 3 days ago and now the SLIP..on.
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I own an infiniti i 30 2001. The abs lights came on 3 days ago and now the SLIP and theTCS lights are now on.. Is it safe to drive? do I have to mortgage my house to have it fixed?...lol… read more
My 2002 evnoy..service light came a couple..security light
michael
michael, High School or GED
My 2002 Evnoy won''t start. The service light came a couple of days ago and now the security light is on and the car won''t even turn over. Thoughts?… read more
Car turned off, all the warning lights came..steer..gas pedal down
Paul
Paul, Associate Degree
Car turned off, all the warning lights came on, and couldn't steer the car. To turn the car on I had to hold the gas pedal down just to get it going. Any ideas? Its a 2000 Nissan Sentra.… read more
The engine symbol light came on a few days ago then it went
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
The engine symbol light came on a few days ago then it went off. It came back on on yesterday and stayed on. This morning my wife drives the car, parks go in store comes back out and tries to start ca… read more
Sputtering..It starts to jerk like it might cut off
Robert
Robert, RV Tech Support
My car has been sputtering for a few days. It starts to jerk like it might cut off. Now my check engine light came on and won''t go off… read more
95 mercury sable: strange problem of acting like it has a flat tire
jwtruck76
jwtruck76, Owner
I bought this car a few months ago, it is a 95 mercury sable. For a while now it has had this strange problem of acting like it has a flat tire when it doesn't. Like rocking back and forth. Also you s… read more
sport..restart..done i went to start my car and it wouldnt start
Neal
days ago both sport mode &manual mode warning light came on.I looked in the car manual it said to shut down car and restart. i did so and all lights went off. Two days after this happened i go to the … read more
97 900 turbo: engine light came..The engine revs up to 3-4 rpms
Elated Technician
Elated Technician, Service Technician
I recently bought a 97 900se turbo, the engine light came on a few days ago and now I have no power. The get up and go has left. The engine revs up to 3-4 rpms just to get going. The clutch is also be… read more