Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
24034660

1993 isuzu trooper: cam..wheel drive..getting fire..coils

Customer Question

i have a 1993 isuzu trooper 3.2 double over head camXXXXXmanuel transmission,not getting fire from the coils do you have any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 6 years ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.Have you taken a look at the tone ring, for the crank sensor,inside the lower timing belt cover, (very prone for the key way to strip out.long gate.) Thanks let me know if I can be of any further assistance with this issue!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We have changed the crank sensor it was on side of motor and there isn't and
Y sensor in the timin cover.so your answer didn't help.inside where the computer is the is another black box its the size of the computer couild it be a anti theif. And could that make it not get fire.the trooper turns over but it won't start,my husband said its not gettin anu fire?could u please help with this cause we aren't havin any luck?thanks
If the alarm system is engaged,then the lights should be flashing!Has he tested the cam sensor, And are there any engine codes! Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have not checked the cam sensor.he said where is it located?
Sorry I meant ignition module,(am also working on a 2001) Has he tested for codes! Thanks,Im going to send you some info,to see if it helps Thanks

image

image

image