Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

(NNN) NNN-NNNN

What wood be the best...
What wood be the best search tool/codes/options to locate any cars, or a specific model.
Example : Bentley’s, 1998-2009 with a BMW or VW engine with a ZF or a 4l80-e?GM. A list or what code or search parameters will be necessary locate a year make and model. Volkswagen Group 2001 RL Hi Performance, Gas and Diesel engines that can be installed and will fit stock or with factory mounting brackets into the Bentley, Arnage line, (1998,-2009)? including where to find a list of all BMW engine’s like the BMW, 4.4 Liter, Hi Performance, Gas and Diesel’s (ECO) that will fit into the line. Any manufacture that makes an envieroment engine ECO for that line.
Thank you.
Mechanic
Good day, : )
5/1/2011
CarDoc
CarDoc, Independent European Shop owner

CarDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

CarDoc :

So, I'm afraid to say that what you're looking for doesn't exist in a comprehensive form

CarDoc :

meaning that, given enough fabrication skills, tools, equipment and mechanical aptitude, any powertrain can be fitted to any vehicle....

Customer:

Thank you jason My name is Scot.

CarDoc :

hello there Scot

CarDoc :

And yes, some retrofits can be easier than others...

CarDoc :

depending on the exact situation. For example....pulling a W12 out of a VW Phaeton, and dropping it into a Continental GT, but even then, without a LOT of experience, the actual work that needs to be done is immense

Customer:

Gan we talk about the Bentley Arnage 1998-2009 BMW 4.4 Lt or the VW engine?

CarDoc :

sure, no problem

Customer:

What about the existing from the factory?

CarDoc :

the existing which from the factory? Meaning the stock arnage, and how the early and later models compare?

Customer:

1998 -2001 BMW 4.4 lt and the VW RL engine were in some modles

CarDoc :

well, yes. The earlier cars used the BMW M62 V8's and the later cars used various VW-sourced engines. I personally prefer the VW engines

Customer:

Ok, We re going in the write driection, we are on the wright

CarDoc :

good, so let's move onto specifics

Customer:

I there a reason why you perfer the VW over the BMW? the two

CarDoc :

ultimately, because the VW engine makes a LOT more power and torque, and given some of the interchangability of parts, in some cases results in less expensive repairs

Customer:

Ok, I am look ing for a 1998-2002 Arnage T

Customer:

Can I replace the engine with a eco friendly Diesal?

CarDoc :

alrighty. So with that known now. What question can I answer for you?

CarDoc :

ah, ok...got that

CarDoc :

and that question is very loaded given the first bit of information I mentioned at the beginning of this process....

Customer:

How do I find what wood be the best search tool/codes/options to locate any cars, or a specific model.

Example : Bentley’s that will except a BMW or VW enjoin. A list or what code or search parameters will be necessary locate a year make and model.

Volkswagen Group 2001 RL Hi Performance, Gas and Diesel engines that can be installed and will fit stock or with factory mounting brackets into the Bentley, Arnage line, (1998,-2009)? Please including a list of all BMW engine’s like the BMW, 4.4 Liter, Hi Performance, Gas and Diesel’s that will fit into the line of Bentley’s

All manufacture that make an engine and transmission for the Bentley’s line.

Thank you.

CarDoc :

yes, I still have that question right in front of me....

CarDoc :

and again, what I can say is that such a retrofit is *possible*...

CarDoc :

and what I can also say is that the cost of the retrofit would likely exceed the purchase price of the car, given the adaptations that would be necessary, since there was never such a powertrain available for this car

Customer:

What type of service shop could do that type of work?

CarDoc :

a VERY good independent European shop who also offers extensive fabricating skills

CarDoc :

they would also have to be intimately familiar with CAN-BUS systems and other computer controlled systems

Customer:

I understand, I will stay with the VW powerplant what Trans would work best staying with stock.

CarDoc :

Recalling from memory here.....I believe the ZF 5HP24

Customer:

Ok so if i look for a car with a high mills with a VW eng and a ZF I could have the car fixed by a European shop?

CarDoc :

Depending on the specific shop, sure. It's worth some research in your area first, since not all Euro shops are created equal, and some will shy away from "exotics"

Customer:

I am in the (Washington DC) are, howerver I have trade creedit with shops accross the US.

CarDoc :

but I would assume that you would want the work done close to you. Try Curry's. They have a good reputation in your area

Customer:

How do i find or search for the codes and what service would be best to locate this type of car I am using Copart ?and brokers

CarDoc :

which codes?

Customer:

How do i find a search Like : VIN which or modle that has the VW eng

Customer:

Factory Codes, for search on the internet?

CarDoc :

Sorry....the later model transmission is the ZF 5HP30. And I was also mistaken on the engine. Only the Continental and those variants had the VW engine. However, the early cars did still have the BMW 4.4 M62 engine. The '02 and later cars had the Rolls 6.7L turbo V8. However, once you start to search for the car, it will be quite apparent which powertrain is in it

CarDoc :

but again, I'm not sure what you mean by factory codes. If you find a car you're looking for, get the VIN, call Bentley North America, and they will be able to give you pertinent history on the car, and what powertrain is fitted, if you're not completely clear

Customer:

I have called a shop in NC,( Tran repair) shop which aked me if it is a (serviceable or non serviceable trans?ice able od non serviceable trans?

CarDoc :

everything is serviceable. Again, like most of what you're asking, the quality of shop, and familiarity with the product will make all of the difference

CarDoc :

if this shop is even asking the question, then they're not qualified

Customer:

Thank you Jason, Is ther any thing eals you would about the car 1998-2002 I understand what your saying?

CarDoc :

no problem, glad to help. Just make sure maintenance history is impeccable, and there is no paintwork

Customer:

Is ther a way to ask you questions or if I run into a problem , I would like your advice in the months to come when I am shoping?

CarDoc :

you can go right to this page and type your question to me directly: http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-eurodoc/

Customer:

Ok, Not that Bentley are aforable I have owned 2 Rolls and I would like the body and stlye I just dont like the eng 6.75 and tran

CarDoc :

that's fair

Customer:

I will look fo a 1998-2002 Arnage with a VW eng . Is that engion able to be eco friendly?

CarDoc :

well, that's all relative, but in most folks' definition, no, not at all. Best mileage you can expect is about 16mpg, on the highway, and no real way to improve that

CarDoc :

hopefully, this has gotten you down the right path

Customer:

Is there any thing about that engtion you like? / dont like?

CarDoc :

I'll be away from the keyboard for a few minutes...

Customer:

Is the BMW 4.4 better or worse?

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

I bleave the Green Lable has the VW RL eng

CarDoc :

I prefer the VW engine, as I mentioned, but every shop/technician has their own preferences

Customer:

Ok just a sec

CarDoc :

ok, but I will need to sign off shortly

Customer:

I will look for the company you recamened in the area I will set up a search tool to help me look for that type of car.

CarDoc :

sounds like a good plan

Customer:

I click accept now?

CarDoc :

if you're happy with the exchange, that would be appreciated, yes

Customer:

Yes Jason, I am happy and yould love to chat again. : )

CarDoc
CarDoc, Independent European Shop owner
CarDoc
CarDoc
CarDoc, Independent European Shop owner