Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

How much should it cost to replace the heads ona 2002 dodge durango

how much should it cost to replace the heads ona 2002 dodge durango
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the heads dont need to be replaced, just the head gaskets, and this runs about 1000 dollars, parts and labor, ehrn the heads are off, they can be sent to a machine shop and checked for cracks, if they are cracked, the heads are 450 dollars apiece,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I feel like I am getting screwed from firestone. I already have paid them about $600 to change the hoses and flush the system, so your telling me that at a "minimum" another 1500 to replace the gaskets, with parts and labor is about right?
If the head gaskets are leaking, then its about 1000 to change them, the heads usually dont need replacing, i would have them apply the 600 toward the head repair, if they did the other repairs trying to fix this problem,Tim