cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year as shop owner and ase master tech also certified body tech
1511099

1999 gmc: accelerator the oil pressure gauge goes..10 miles

My 1999 gmc sle jimmy all a sudden all @ once had check gauges light which followed by zero oil pressure. If I press slightly on accelerator the oil pressure gauge goes up but does not stay there. If its cold or running less than 10 miles its ok but run it longer n it drips. There is a little lower rattle on acceleration only if hard acceleration. No colored smoke. I assume crank shaft assembly to change out oil pump, timing chain, bearings etc... Am I correct? If so, how much could I expect this to cost me?
Category: Car
Expert:  cartech replied 6 years ago.
this is the sign of worn bearings if you do it soon you may not have to replace the crank just the bearings and the oil pump if i where to guess your probably about a thousand dollars these motors have to come out to replace the bearings there is no room to remove the pan in the truck