Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2001 saturn l series: body control module..the power door locks..die

yes i am workin on...
yes i am workin on a 2001 saturan L series it has a u 1000 code in it an a 1632 code i cant comunaciate with the body control module the power door locks dont work an a lot of other systems the car will start an then die cann anyone help me try to find out what is goin on
3/16/2011
Mike Senary
Mike Senary, ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX hope I can help you with your problem. Have you checked all the fuses? There are more than one fuse boxes.
Yes i have all three i even went as far as checkin the underside of the fuse box at the teriminals on the other side to see if there was power on every fuse that has to do with the bcm module also the secrity lite does not light up
Which L series is it?
4 cyl 2.2 i think
Check th wires coming from the pass lock (3) especially the wires going down the column where the tilt flexes them.
would that alow me not to scan the body control module with my scaner an could you send that wiring diagram to my e mail adress
[email protected]
You cant give me an E-mail address on here. No it shouldn't prevent communication to BCM. That diagram can be saved by right clicking and saving to clipboard. What scanner are you using?
snapon modis

How do you know that the BCM is not communicating? If it has a code for the anti-theft has set,then the BCM (which is in control of passlock) is talking. The U1000 code can set from electrical noise interference on the data lines going all around the car, this code should be disregarded unless it is the only code and it keeps reseting. I assume your car wont start now having the passlock code set.

when i try to use the scaner to check the door locks any other thins it says no comunication it keeps reseting the car will start an die within seconds
The car starts and dies because of the passlock code the wires to the column must be checked for that. You don't need a scanner to check the door locks. The problem with that is, because you checked all fuses, either a switch, a broken wire in the door jamb (most likely driver side) flex joint or, if its one door thats inoperative, a lock actuator. What other systems are not working?
the rear hatch lock the shift lock for the shifter another thing the security light in the instrument console doesnt light up at all

Have you checked all the power and ground to the BCM also check all the rear hatch and shift lock circuits using these diagrams. If all there, replace BCM and reprogram VIN.

i got one last question were is the body control module located
Remove the glove box and it mounts to the top of the glove box compartment.
Mike Senary
Mike Senary, ASE Certified Technician
thanks for your time tonight you have been a big help
Mike Senary
Mike Senary
Mike Senary, ASE Certified Technician