nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

2001 grand vitara: looses power at times..vin #..regulator..circut

Customer Question

Suzuki 2001 grand vitara looses power at times, when in a climb. the vin # XXXXX XXXXX and the computer code is P0001 Volume regulator Control Circut Open. What part is this and how do I find it?

Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 6 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

Are you getting this code when scanning with a suzuki scan tool?? as a generic scan tool might be giving the wrong code....

JACUSTOMER-0txe4ej0- :

I am using a generic scan tool.

JACUSTOMER-0txe4ej0- :

Also I missed a key word on the error description, whic is FUEL. I t should read P0001 FUEL volume regulator control circuit open. Sorry about that.

Billy :

i know the p0001 description.....

Billy :

but the fuel volume regulator (the electric type) is not fitted on your vehicle.....that is how i asked about the scan tool.

Billy :

As in Suzuki fault code database, that code does not exist (as the part does not exist).

Billy :

SO you need to have code retrieval using a suzuki scan tool (if available)....

Billy :

The pressure even if correct, i suggest that you check the following recall about the fuel pressure regulator,,,,which also might cause the same problem (if leaking into intake manifold).

Billy :

And if the vacuum hose is connected to the pressure regulator, the pressure should increase when you open throttle, and decrease as the throttle closes.

Billy :

I will include the recall, so you check the details:

JACUSTOMER-0txe4ej0- :

That is not available to me.. Is there any suggestions as why the vehicle would loose power while climbing?

Billy :

First check that pressure regulator......and if that does not solve the issue........and you still have the power lack problem....you need to have the car scanned by a different scan tool, hopefully to get the right fault code.....and take it from there.....

Billy :

I presume that spark plugs, fuel and air filters....and regular service has been done on the engine.

JACUSTOMER-0txe4ej0- :

Yes those have been done

Billy :

So if all these are fine, and battery cable contacts, and engine ground contacts are clean and tight....i would next check if the timing is correct....timing marks (as chain might stretch giving such symptoms).

Billy :

But before checking all the parts, a check the regulator as described in the bulletin, and then try to get a scan tool's "second opinion", as on another scan tool, you might get the right code.

JACUSTOMER-0txe4ej0- :

Will do. Thanks

Billy :

One more thing: check if engine control module connector is tight....and the ground connection for the control module.

Billy :

good luck!

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Billy :

PS: get back to me on this same page, if further info is required....

JACUSTOMER-0txe4ej0- :

Thanks Will do