Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Warning light..a round thing on the top any ides ????? astra 2ltr dti

Customer Question
i have an orange warning...
i have an orange warning light on the dash...just above the engine manegment light...its a square box with a round thing on the top any ides ????? astra 2ltr dti
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2011
Auto Mechanic: Steve, ASE Certified Tech replied 7 years ago
Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

need to have the computer checked for codes

Steve :

the light comes on because you have a code in the computer.

Steve :

hi

Steve :

any questions on what I typed?

Customer:

its beeen on the computer at work already..the codes were somthing like..no rpm signal, and to more realting to the fuel pump

Steve :

what is the code?

Customer:

p0725

Customer:

p1375

Customer:

p1635

Steve :

p0725 is a trans code is oss sensor on the trans

Steve :

need to look up the other codes do you know what they are?

Customer:

injection pump no rpm from ecu

Customer:

rpm sensor no signal

Customer:

the light only really comes on when van is cold

Steve :

sounds like you have a good start need to diag the codes

Customer:

thats what im stuck with ?

Steve :

what is that?

Customer:

what the codes mean

Steve :

ill se what I can find hang on

Steve :

P1375 Ignition coil - Cylinder #5 - Early activation fault

Customer:

so would igntion coil ?

Customer:

indicate*

Steve :

p1635 is engine control module defective

Steve :

I would say the computer need replaced and will solve all the codes

Customer:

computer ?

Steve :

the computer tht controls everthing

Customer:

ecu ?

Steve :

yes

Customer:

but if the ecu was faulty wouldnt it come up with more dtcs than that

Steve :

no not really this is just a hunch what you need to do is run a pinpoint test for each code

Customer:

i dont no if this sounds stupid but...rpm sensor no signal does that not sound like crank sensor

Steve :

P1335 Pump control module; crank position signal absent.
P1635 Glow-plug control module; circuit malfunction in the control signal.
P0725 Engine RPM input; circuit malfunction.

Steve :

On the research i have done it is a bad ecu without doing the pinpoint test

Steve :

I would strongly recomend you preform a pinpoint test for each code

Steve :

sorry on the first code meant

Customer:

it just seems strange that its only from cold

Steve :

THATS IS THE WAY IT IS SOMETIMES

Steve :

preform a pinpoint test

Steve
Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech