Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

garage..diesel..reg 04 4.4 vogue petrolmany thanks,Regards,michael

Hello Sir,
Happy New Year
My range rover has the display of a engine come up on the display unit what does this mean? Can I still drive vehicle?
Do you service range rovers or do you no of any one who you can recommend?
I live in Kent Bexleyheath
Work Islington
And my girlfriend lives in Hackney
Any service garage local to any of these would be great but if its not local its not a problem
As the last time I took my vehicle to a range rover dealer my vehicle has never run the same when you start the engine the vehicle sounds like a diesel only for the first 12 minutes have you any suggestions?
Ranger Rover reg 04 4.4 Vogue petrol

Many thanks,

Regards,

Michael
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 6 years ago.
The check engine light means that there is an issue that needs to be addressed but is not an immediate emergency. If the light is flashing that means it is an immediate issue and you should turn it of and determine the cause. You need to find a way to have your codes checked with a scanner. Many parts stores will do this for free and that will tell you what is wrong. The most common cause of a check engine light is a loose gas cap and the light will stay on for a couple of days even after the cap is tightened. As far as being able to recommend a shop in your area I cannot. Maybe ask around in the parts store. But when you have the codes read chances are it's something simple and you can fix it yourself.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The last time I took my vehicle to a range rover dealer to get a service my vehicle has never run the same when you start the engine the vehicle sounds like a diesel only for the first 2 minutes have you any suggestions?

Thanks Neal do you no of anyone in the UK that does the same online mechanics

Also can I drive my vehicle to a garage to get it checked out without it getting damaged

Expert:  Neal replied 6 years ago.
I do not know of anyone in the UK to recommend. As far as driving it just check the fluids and it should be fine as long as the light is not flashing. As far as running badly when you first start it I have no idea without experiencing it myself. Hopefully the garage can determine that one.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Neal I have stop on the way home I am in a internet cafe and will be living in the next 10 minutes 1915hrs Uk ,so I will have to check your ans once i get home thx Michael
Expert:  Neal replied 6 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No the engine indication is not flashing when i switch on the engine its on if I drive it it come on the it goes off after a few minutes
Expert:  Neal replied 6 years ago.
Then just look it over check the fluids and drive to the garage.