Hayden w.
Hayden w., Automotive Technician
Experience:  NZQA Certificate in Automotive Engineering & Information Technology. Mazda & Hyundai factory trained
28363252

Now the wiper arms are in a trough below the windshield.

A few years ago, the "industry" came up with a marvelous invention - :Hidden Wiper Blades". They soon learned that idea sucked. Now the wiper arms are in a trough below the windshield. If the car is used in a snowy invironment, the trough gets filled with snow & ice - impossable to dig out. The snow being removed from the windshield plies up under the blades. This is as dumb as check-out registers being located at the front of the food isles in a supermarket! Are there any current cars that do NOT hide the wiper arms & shafts in a trough? I would try to buy one.

David Berg /[email protected] / XXX-XXX-XXXX

Hayden w. :

Hey there mazda 6's dont have much of a trough the new model more so than the last but they are pretty easy to clean out underneath.

I would try to

Hayden w. :

keep the wipers going until they are at the top of the windscreen then switch the igntion off this way when the snow builds up you can easily sweep it off before you jump into your car.

Also keep the A/C switched on and on defrost this should help stop ice forming under the wiper trough.

I hope my remarks have been helpful.

Customer :

I generally lift all three of my wiper arms to the "away-from-the-windshild" position when snow is forcast.

Customer :

I generally lift all three of my wiper arms to the "away-from-the-windshild" position when snow is forcast. Naturally the AC is on to prevent frost build up on the inside. I'll look at the Mazda. I still say automotive engeneers designs are usually specified by the marketing and sales departments - DUMB!