Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

there is no power at the harness on the 12v point..fusor fusible link

where does the 12v +...
where does the 12v + on the traile plug originate its a friends truck, there is no power at the harness on the 12v point. need to find where the fuse is so i can check it. I am sure its a fusor fusible link, just need to know where it is
12/4/2010
david
david, Auto Service Technician

david :

Hi thank you for your question hope this helps.

david :

12v + on the traile plug comes from the under hood fuse box. The power comes from the fuse for the marker lights, brake lights turn signal fuse.

david :

So what are you saying you are not getting power at the trailer plug at all, ie when you step on the brake, turn on the lights?

david :

what year is your Hummer H1?

Customer:

not sure what year the hummer is as it belongs to a friend. everything on the plug is working except the 12v+ point. so I am looking for a fuse or fusible link that may be blown

Customer:

he has a trailer that has a hydrualic lift on it

Customer:

i think it may have blown a fuse or something, because there is no voltage at that point on the recepticle at the rear of the hummer

david :

OK I see, You need to look in the fuse box under the hood it will say trailer. You should also look under the truck were the wiring is there may be a inline fuse, But this is year specific so look in both.

Customer:

ok thanks

david
david, Auto Service Technician
david
david
david, Auto Service Technician