pETER
pETER, Technician
Experience:  IMPORT CARS, DOMESTIC CARS,ADVANCE ELECTRONICS
46335329

Maserati Quattroporte DO NOT OVERFILL your engine with oil,

Customer Question

DO NOT OVERFILL your engine with oil, it will suck oil through the vapor system into the airflow meter-ruining it.

This is exactly what happen. My mechanic overfilled my engine with oil on two different oil changes. And the max of the oil should of been 8 qrts and he put in 10 qrts. I found this out and we took the excess oil out. And my engine still runs rough, it doesn't smoke anymore. It just runs rough for a little while and then it gets better and runs smooth. I tried to let it sit and thought it needed to warm up. And that wasn't the case. So would this be the vapor system issue. My mechanic was able to check the spark plugs and at least 6 were fine we couldn't reach the other two in the back unless he took off the assembly above the engine. So anyways what do you think the problem is? And what be the cost?
Category: Car
Expert:  pETER replied 6 years ago.

in maserati you don't have oil pan, extra 2 qts will not do any damage,

its a ferrari motor in it you should take it to the guys who works on them

but your right, if there is a problem in crankcase ventilation system (PVC) , wen PVC valve gonna get stuck it will suck oil in to the intake manifold, it even might hydro lock the engine

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What could happen? Hydro lock the engine? What are the symptoms of the Hydro lock the engine. And how much would that cost to fix it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Vapor system
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What symptoms would I have if my MAF sensor is bad?
Expert:  pETER replied 6 years ago.

car might misfire on higher rpms, would be hard to start, will loss power, sometimes doesn't want to rev up, might not hold idle

also look for any vacuum leaks