How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ted G. Your Own Question
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 6159
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
Type Your Car Question Here...
Ted G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Used engine..diesel, which I want to run in my van on national roads

Resolved Question:

How can I convert used engine and lub oils to diesel, which I want to run in my van on national roads? Our legislation requires a 500ppm of sulphur.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 6 years ago.
You really can't. The cracking process when they refine oil separates the diesel components out and leaves the lube oil. Used lube oils will burn but have a different volatility than diesel or Kero.
Ted G. and 5 other Car Specialists are ready to help you