NicksSticks
NicksSticks, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford Drivetrain and Chassis Master, ASE Master Technician
21564301

interested in the electric cars that are coming out...most bang..buck

My car lease is up June 2011. I am interested in the electric cars that are coming out. I also want to get the most bang for my buck. I usually like to lease for the write offs. The most I want to spend is 400 no money down. I am looking for a sadan or small SUV with great gas milage. Does anyone know of when the best time I should be looking for deal? What company and style of car can give me the best bang for my buck?
jack
Category: Car
Expert:  NicksSticks replied 6 years ago.

NicksSticks :

Hi there, I can give two great options, first I recommend the car of the year... Ford Fusion Hybrid. Next, the Ford Escape or Mercury Mariner also get great mileage. My personal, and somewhat opinion about the total electric cars is it is a new technology, and although coming out in the market (such as the toyota suv electric, help made by Tesla) will be working out kinks for years to come along with low trip mileage capabilities. The Hybrids are pretty much perfected, and with good driving habits can out perform advertised mileage capabilities.

NicksSticks :

Thanks and I hope this info was helpful.

Let me know if you request any more details about my answer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would you suggest a nissan hybrid? Do you think the Ford Escape or Mercury Mariner would be great cars to get now or should I wait until July when my lease is up? Are these cars the best bang for your buck?
Nissan's have good hybrids, but I believe the Fusion would be the best bang for your buck. They are available with tons of options, and was the car of the year in 2010. That right there is a big deal. The Escape has a ton of room, and large trunk with some towing capabilities, not much, but some. I recommend going to dealerships and just driving them, to see how you feel about it. Personal preference is a big deal in being happy with your car.