Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, ASE Master Certified Tech
Experience:  Automotive instructor at Porter and Chester institute
14457476

2008 Subaru Impreza: have some vibration..exhaust..fuel injector

have some vibration in engine and some extra exhaust noise after fuel injector was cleaned - 2008 Subaru Impreza. Took to dealer they say they can't find anything wrong and there are no problem codes.
Chat Conversation Started
transman :

hi, some times the injector needle and seat gets damage by the chemical used on the injectors ,posibly to concentrated and now the spay pattern is wider and longer then it will normally be, if the exhaust sounds loud then is either an injector running to rich or to lean, the fact that codes are not precent dont mean there is no problems.

transman :

you need to do a injector balance test and see wich injector is dropping more fuel in to the chamber .

transman :

this can be done at a good known repair shop with the tools necesary to perform the test.

Customer :

Excellent. I used to be a mechanic's flunky's flunky and it was reminding me of a too rich carburetor setting.

Customer :

I have at a Subaru dealer that recommended the fuel injector cleaning and did the cleaning so I expect them to fix the problem at no charge.

transman :

correct, remember the good old days , . yes the carburators would drip and cause the same running conditions

transman :

yes let them fix that problem after all you did not go in there for a failure, how is it that you came out with one.

transman :

ask them to do a fuel injector balance test, they will know what needs to be done then.

transman :

if not then tell them they need an INJECTOR PULSE MOODULATOR TOOL and A FUEL PRESSURE TESTING GAGE.

Customer :

Great, thanks. I will accepting very soon.