Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  California smog licensed, ASE ceritied in L1, A6, A8 for over 30 years professionally
25319281

chrysler new Yorker: runs fine..few minutes..warmed up it shuts

I have a Crysler New Yorker that has a 3.5 in it. It starts up and runs fine but after a few minutes when it has warmed up it shuts off and will not start again. It has no spark and no fuel when it does. I have checked for codes and it has several that vary from time to time. But one that remains constant is code 53 which is a internal computer error. I have put in a used ECM and that has not changed it. Please help
Category: Car
Expert:  Jim replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Jim :

Where did you get the crank sensor form?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got the crank sensor from Auto Zone.
Expert:  Jim replied 6 years ago.
We have seen a lot of problems with after market crank sensors. They are being made in China and the magnets are not strong enough to work correctly. We have spent to many hours chasing down problems with new after market crank sensors. We have replaced a lot of crank sensors for the same symptoms your vehicle is experiencing. I would recommend to install a factory sensor and see if this takes care of the problem.