PAVLIN
PAVLIN, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS HANDS ON TRUCKS AND CARS/EMISSION INSPECTOR LICENCE
41577536

TDI..mechanical..Ive been driving today.Cracking injectors nut bolts

Customer Question

Defender 110, 300 TDI, 2001, mechanical Bosh made fuel pump (part ERR 4419).
Engine suddenly stopped when I've been driving today.
Cracking injector's nut bolts revealed that there was no any fuel pouring from the injector's pipes at all. After fuel filters replaced, I did find that fuel is filling the pump but still no fuel coming out of the pump!
Category: Car
Expert:  PAVLIN replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
PAVLIN :

Hi, it is probably needing to be bled. open all lines slightly, cherge the battery and crank, as you are cranking and fuel coming from lights tighten the lines, car should start if you do not have air entering the fuel system

PAVLIN :

I am assuming that the rest of the system is in good order. if that did not help let me know, check fuel shut off solenoid for power.

Customer:

Hi Pavlin

Customer:

I disconnected all high pressure pipes (coming out the pump to injectors.). Cranking repeatedly, but fuel is NOT coming out. Seem like low pressure pump is working well: at least pump is full of fuel. When I open control nuts (two present) and crank, pump is spitting fuel OK. Fuel cut out solenoid is operational - at least I hear click sounds when I connect/disconnect a wire. Still, my impression is that high pressure component is not working or fuel simply is not coming to high pressure piston. Yes rest of the system is OK

PAVLIN :

If fuel is comming to the fuel injection pump and solenoid is clicking, then that pump is not good. If you disconnect fuel suuply line just before the pump and fuel is pouring out of the pipe(hose) then fuel supply is -OK

PAVLIN :

Let me know if you need replacement instructions, Regards Pavlin.

Customer:

Pavlin,

Customer:

seems like I need detailed replacement instructions, LOL. Any chance to locate/replace faulty components by myself? We have no good diesel mechanics here in Angola.

PAVLIN :

Fuel injection pumps need special equipment for service. You need to get remanufactured pump.