Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp.
15218643

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue, persistent P0410 (Secondary Air Injection)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue, persistent P0410 (Secondary Air Injection) code. Air Injection pump works, system seems generally intact. Driving me nuts, can't get car inspected, what might be the most likely cause/where should I look?
Category: Car
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.

Hello Sir or Madam. Welcome to justanswer!

Theres a 43 step process do get to the root of the code. If I send you the procedure, will that help?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have seen a procedure that may be similar to the one you describe. Does the [rocedure require the use of the special harness that allows me to connect test equipment (meter, scope, etc) to the system? If so, I don't have the required harness...
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.
No. You need a good scan tool, a voltmeter and a vacuum gauge to get through it. Do you have those tools? Do you want me to upload the procedure?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't have a vacuum guage, but I can get one. The other items I have, although "good scan tool" depends on your definition of "good". The tool I have (Actron CP9575) does allow me to view live data, sensor status (ready or not ready) - it just depends on what I need the scan tool for...
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.
Can the scan tool run tests and actuate things like the cooling fans?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was afraid that was what you meant - no, it can only read live sensor data. It can't initiate tests or things like the cooling fans. I might know someone who has a tool that can, however.
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.
Ok, you need the vacuum gauge, the pro grade scan tool, a voltmeter and the procedure, schematic I have. You want me to send it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That'd be great, thanks!
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.

You bet! Thank you too. Please don't forget to accept after you get the file.

CLICK HERE FOR PDF FILE DOWNLOAD