Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp.
15218643

RR..the noise coming from the transmission..Noise sounds

Customer Question

I have 2004 RR. Recently heard the noise coming from the transmission. Noise sounds like a plane is taking off. When drive on higwhay it goes away but stays on lower speed. Also I do feel some shifting in transmission like it gets off the gear. The truck drives but seems it will stop any second. Have only 54k miles. All highways miles. There was no warning signs. Had car serviced at RR dealer all these years. Prior to this problem, had air suspension inactive message that dealer fixed by putting a code. RR dealer said they can only replace the transmisssion since it is more expensive to open and check what is wrong with it. I dont trust the dealer that I really need it replaced. PLEASE HELP. WHAT I can do. I am in NY. Thank you very much.
Category: Car
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.

Hello Sir or Madam. Welcome to justanswer!

Any trans shop can fix it for way less. A Land Rover transmission is nothing special. Id have it looked over very soon as theres a good chance the one in the truck can be fixed right again.