Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Skoda fabia..tdi) has started smoking quite a lot recently

Customer Question

My skoda fabia vrs(1.9 tdi) has started smoking quite a lot recently. I would appreciate any suggestions as to why

Cheers
Ed
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
What color is the smoke?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's black my friend, very black, leaving a lot more sooty deposits on the bodywork than usual
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
Ok the problem is the fuel injectors are leaking down and causing this issue and need to be replaced very common on this vehicle. The injectors fail allowing to much fuel into the cylinders . This is what needs to be checked next . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
already had them replaced. thanks for your time
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
Ok then they were damaged during the install or the turbo is bad. Need to check the turbo next and the injector install. These are the next steps. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated. Most likely the turbo is bad.