Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Seat arosa 1.0 keeps cutting out when driving, wont start..few minutes…

Customer Question
seat arosa 1.0 keeps cutting...
seat arosa 1.0 keeps cutting out when driving, wont start immeriately but starts after a few minutes and will go for a while then cut out again
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Car
9/2/2010
Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 7 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Chat Conversation Started
Eurocar Specalists :

hello there !!

Eurocar Specalists :

the first thing and it is a quick test is to get the car running and take a cup of water and pour the water on the ignition coil and see if it dies first!!

Eurocar Specalists :

if it does not stall then have the vehicle scanned for codes in the ecm to see if you have a crankshaft or camshaft sensor codes

Eurocar Specalists :

please let me know

Customer:

not accepting answer as i have already stated i have fitted new coil so answer is not appropriate

Customer:

do not accept answer as i already stated i have fitted new coil

Eurocar Specalists :

i understand it is a new coil but i have seen new coils been defective !!! that is why i asked to perform that test first to see if that acts up and dies!

Eurocar Specalists :

have you had the ecu scanned for codes because if the first test i asked to do does not react then the ecu needs to be check to see if there is any codes pertaining to the crank or cam sensor on the vehicle!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech