Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

how do you remove the catalytic converter and pipe from a hummer

h3...
how do you remove the catalytic converter and pipe from a hummer h3
9/1/2010
Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Tim West :

Thanks for visiting Just Answer

JACUSTOMER-yiu5m9bs- :

hello tim

Tim West :

Click here

Tim West :

Hi

JACUSTOMER-yiu5m9bs- :

looked at the instructions but it says to remove the right torsion bar

JACUSTOMER-yiu5m9bs- :

i started undoing the rear bolt but it appears the bar is toqued and not sure how to pull it back down again

JACUSTOMER-yiu5m9bs- :

are their instructions on how to remove that torsion bar

Tim West :

1 sec

Tim West :

click here

JACUSTOMER-yiu5m9bs- :

that is the same document as before. it says refer to Torsion Bar Replacement

Tim West :

hang on

Tim West :

this one?

JACUSTOMER-yiu5m9bs- :

do you know if the bar is tensioned. As I was unscrewing the bolt the bracket on the end apears to raise as if under pressure

Tim West :

I honestly do not know

Tim West :

that is all the info I have on it,.

Tim West :

I can forward the question to another expert.

JACUSTOMER-yiu5m9bs- :

what im seeing is the end of the arm that is bolted down, starts raising as i loosen the bolt

JACUSTOMER-yiu5m9bs- :

didnt want it to spring upward and not be able to get it back down

Tim West :

I hear ya

Tim West :

hang tight

JACUSTOMER-yiu5m9bs- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-yiu5m9bs- :

tim it came off no problem

Tim West :

It did

Tim West :

great

Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Tim West
Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician