silva67
silva67, Technician
Experience:  25 yrs of exp.
46707633

1998 Ford Expedition: The starter grinds when I..repair cost

Hello, I have a 1998 Ford Expedition. The starter grinds when I try to start the car about once or twice a month. Is the starter going and how much would this repair cost? Does it involve pulling out the transmission?
Thank you.
hello..I. am sure it is going to be you starter....the only way to confirm it you have to pull the starter off and look the conditions of the flywheel ( ring gear) The price ..rebuilt about 125....after market( new) 150 to200 than labor about 1 hour....good luck let me know....thank you...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No need to remove the transition to make this repair? If the flywheel needs to be replaced?
Yes ,you do need to remove the transmission to replace the flywheel...and if it is aXXXXXits almost a all day job....For the starter its only a hour to replace it..... let me know and good luck....