Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2006 nissan maxima: abs light brake light are on..speedometer..tach

have a 2006 nissan maxima...
have a 2006 nissan maxima the gages are not working the traction light, abs light brake light are on. low fuel light on, speedometer does not work, tach does not work and a/c control panel not working
9/1/2010
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Ok was there any recent work done ? Was the charging system checked ?

has not been any work done as far as i know

the charging system is working

Ok have you had a charging system test done?

yes i did it

this a repair shop

i have limited info on this vehicle

it is charging 13.58
This is all usually caused by a coin falling in the display screen and shorting out the circuit board.Also have you checks the positive battery and negative battery terminals.If they are ok try disconnecting them for 15 minutes and reconnect and see if it resets.

are you talking about the radio screen?\

the radio works

also i found a power booster on this

would it cause a problem?

Yes absolutely that's most likely the entire issue is it hard wired in?

it is hard wired to battery

the radio works fine and show up on display

Ok remove that booster and recheck fuses I'm sure this is the issue .

the booster is wired to the rear speakers

i checked the fuses under dash and they are good

i unhooked booster when i unhooked the battery cables and when i hooked the cables up i left the booster off still nothing works except the radiio

are there any fuses anywhere else i need to check

where is the fusible link box
i found 2 fuse boxes under hood and 1 on driver side inside car is this all
It's next to the under hood fuse.If there are no issues then gauge cluster itself is bad.
would that cause you to not be able to control a/c because a/c control panel does not light up or let you control a/c but a/c is on low blower
what is next to under hood fuse
Should be another fuse box with fuseable links.

found it beside battery and nothing blown

checked fuses in relay panel

could the relay panel be bad since the a/c panel does not light up or let you control a/c

Yes absolutely very common for these boards to short out and cause this issue . Alot of times it's from a coin that dropped. This would be the next item to check and most likely the issue. Hoped this helped .Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Tom
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician