Brad
Brad, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
5135651

2007 Chrysler Sebring: 2.4L..cylinder..two chech engine codes

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Chrysler Sebring 2.4L 4 cylinder and I'm gettint two chech engine codes: P2017 and P2004. Can you tell me what kind of problem am I looking at and estimately how much will it cost to fix it? thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Brad replied 7 years ago.
Hello laloe, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

Before pursuing this too much more, you need to call your local Dodge/Chrysler dealership and ask if TSB#08-032-07 has been performed on your vehicle. It is a replacement intake manifold and an update to the computer's programming to go along with it.

Apparently, this problem is common enough on these vehicles for them to release an updated part number for the intake (04884495AF).

Basically, all of your vehicles built before March 22, 2007 will need a new intake and a reprogramming. All vehicles built after will only require a computer reprogram.