Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Firing..cylinder..drove..the check engine light comes on what

Customer Question
my 2006 h3 iss firing...
my 2006 h3 iss firing took it to the shop and they said it had water in the number 1 cylinder cleaned it out and it drove great now every so often the check engine light comes on what could be my problem? By the way i put fuel ingegtor cleaner it
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Car
8/3/2010
Auto Mechanic: Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech replied 7 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Hello!

Are you saying that the engine will misfire? Does it actually run rough or is it just the light that comes on?

Was anything replaced to fix this problem?
the engine light comes on in off randomly. onstar says it is something with the sensor in the exhaust something about the emisson control sensor
Hello!

YUP! THat sounds right! DO you happen to know the code number in the computer?
no onstar didn't say. Is this a problem that will fix itself?
Usually not... If the check engine light is on, then there is a emissions code in the computer. THis is caused by an emissions failure on the engine. SOmetimes it will go away or start working again for some time, however usually this is the start of something pr some sensor or part going bad.
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech