How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jagmaster Your Own Question
jagmaster, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 494
Experience:  10 years Jaguar Master, Land Rover Master, Aston Martin certified
Type Your Car Question Here...
jagmaster is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

rough..accelerate..on highway when it hits 60 mile..pressing gas pedal

This answer was rated:

MY car is rough at D gear--idle at park or reverse is smooth--it seemed hard to accelerate. but on highway when it hits 60 mile, it is very smooth again. it makes very loud buzzing sound when pressing gas pedal at speed less than 30 mile. what could be the problem? thank you.
Sounds like the stator in the torque converter had failed. You'll need a new torque converter to fix it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how much does it cost to fix the torque converter, normally?
You'll need to find a good used one. It might just be easier to find a good use transmission which will have the torque converter. I would expect somewhere around $750.00 total.
jagmaster and 2 other Car Specialists are ready to help you