How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amedee Your Own Question
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
Type Your Car Question Here...
Amedee is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1998 mazda 626: 2.0 i need change the alternator i have it

This answer was rated:

i have a 1998 mazda 626 1.8 or 2.0 i need change the alternator i have it off but how do i get it out.



Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the transverse member.
Remove the front pipe.
Remove in the order indicated in the table.
Install in the reverse order of removal.
Verify the drive belt deflection/tension.
A/C Compressor Removal Note

Remove the A/C compressor with the pipe still connected. Position the A/C compressor so that it is out of the way.



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what is the transverse member and front pipe are you talking ac compresser

The Transfers member is the support for the transmission.


Here is a picture.



Amedee and 6 other Car Specialists are ready to help you