Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

How can i restart me theft system on my car

how can i restart me theft system on my car
hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the vehicle start?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

it turns over, fires/ runs for about a second then die's. the theft system light keeps blinking.

I have changed the fuel pump and filter. I have opened the fuel tank and lines to relieve any pressure, even tried different keys in the ignition

if the theft light blinks, then you have a broken wire in the column that goes to the keylock cylinder, this is common on these, the ignition lock cylinder will need to be replace, the cylinder send a signal to the module when the proper key is installed, when the wire breaks in the column, the signal cannot be seen and the engine will shut off, replace the ignition lock cylindr and have a new key made for it,Tim