danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

2003 saab 93: the seat driver side rear seat belt..retract..pull

Customer Question

the seat driver side rear seat belt on my 2003 saab 93 is stuck in the out position. It will not retract. it will not pull out.
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
Is it where there is not room for the belt to go back in.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
very well could be kids were messin with it
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.

well saab owes you a new one there is a recall on all of your seat belt retractors. I did a little extra checking and found thids recall for you. that spring is probably broke in there.

DEFECT: Some of these passenger vehicles were built with seat belt retractors for the front seats that were damaged during the manufacturing process. If damaged, over time, the Automatic Tensioning System (ATS) cable in the seat belt retractor could break, causing the belt webbing to not retract. In the event of a crash, a front seat occupant may receive more severe injuries.

REMEDY: Dealers will replace the seat belt retractor assemblies. The manufacturer has not yet provided an owner notification schedule for this campaign. Owners may contact Saab at 1-800-955-9007.

Thanks for your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry!!! thought I had taken care of this....
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
Your fine and thank you.